Saturday, July 11, 2015

The OpenWorm Project

Over the past 4 months or so, I made a decision to reach out to the OpenWorm Project and volunteer my time to work with the group. It was an attempt to restore some structure and purpose to my life, and for a while I had not been comfortable announcing this until I was sure I could commit and contribute to the group's work. Well now I am.

I intend to blog a little more about this from various perspectives in the months to come - personal thoughts on volunteering professional time and my experiences and perspectives; my thoughts on the technical aspects of the process of Open Science collaborations; and any scientific notes, thoughts, and questions that are generated from my experiences.

I would like to think of this chapter in my life as "rehabilitation." It is a way I could do something useful and productive with my time and skills, and as a means to convince myself and perhaps eventually future potential employers that my skills are worth something to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment